Re: [Xen-devel] building xen without mercury repository access

Guillaume Rousse a écrit :
Keir Fraser a écrit :
However, I just found out than using the repository was just the default
behaviour. The following env variables allow to use a local pristine
kernel tarball:
export XEN_LINUX_SOURCE=tarball
export KETCHUP=/bin/true

It's just a bit difficult to grab in the makefile to find it :/
You can override them on the make command line.
The problem is not to set them, but to find their existence and their
effect, as they are documented nowhere. Having all of them centralized
and documented in a single configuration file, which would be included
by all makefile, would be simpler.

And technically, you can't override all of those variables on command
line, given the high number of recursive make invocation losing some of
them (pae switch, for instance). It's safer to rely on environment
there. Which is troublesome when your build process involves two
distinct steps (building and installing), each starting with a fresh
environment. I've been hit many time by issues such as the following
sequence resulting in a non-pae kernel being installed...
pae=y make kernels
make linux-2.6-xen-install

Here again, a configuration file would make easier to ensure consistency.
Agree with you Guillaume.

--
Yves-Gaël Chény
40 rue du Perray