[Xen-devel] Re: Massive problems with 'PCI-DMA: Out of SW-IOMMU

> I thought about writing to the mailing-list this days, too. Maybe there
has
> been some fix in 3.2.0 or 3.1.3?
> Keir, do you have any news on this annoying issue?

After two days of banging on this issue I have reached two
resolutions.

1. Flashing the 3ware card to latest firmware (3.08.00.016) seems to have
solved it with all kernel versions.  This is highly recommended that you
flash your firmware before continuing as I believe this to be the root cause
if all the problem.

2. If you cannot flash firmware, you can use 2.6.16.38 kernel from Xen
3.0.4.  I tried this older kernel with Xen 3.1.3-rc2 and it works.  Primary
drawback (aside from the obvious) is that you may have to compile in network
driver, ect.

--
Randy McAnally
Fast Serv Networks, LLC