Re: [Xen-devel] xen 3.1.0 on sles10sp1

>>> "Sebastian Reitenbach" <sebastia@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> 30.01.08 11:04 >>>
>"Jan Beulich" <jbeulich@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> The error message clearly indicates that you've got a broken /init in your
>> initrd. I guess you'll need to examine what went wrong during its
>creation.
>
>I just did that.
>For some reason there was an
>caps="$(</proc/xen/capabilities)"
>if [ "$caps" != "${caps%control_d*}" ]; then
>        echo nothing
>fi

Hmm, that section is there on purpose, but the body certainly shouldn't
be empty.

>I added the "echo nothing" into the if statement, then it worked. After
>restarting again, it panicked again, but now because of missing cciss HDD
>controler driver to access the root partition. I added this and it is
>starting now.

This sounds like your /etc/sysconfig/kernel (INITRD_MODULES) isn't set up
properly. But otoh I assume other kernels get their initrd generated
correctly. Maybe you missed some detail of how mkinitrd needs to be
invoked, or what prerequisites it has? That would also explain why that
section above as empty.

>Sorry for the noise.

That's not just noise, thanks for pointing this out.

Jan