[Xen-devel] Re: Re: Massive problems with 'PCI-DMA: Out of SW-IOMMU space for XXX bytes [..]' with 3Ware controller

Keir Fraser wrote:
> No, except to say that it is almost certainly a dom0 kernel issue, not
> core hypervisor.

I agree on this.

> So it will not be fixed by just changing hypervisor
> version if you retain the same dom0 kernel version.

I agree on this, too. My tests showed that you are right with your
assumption so far.
But i would have used the matching kernel patch, too.

> What kernel are you using?

I've tried Debians 2.6.18 patched for XEN 3.1.2 myself.

> Have you tried a vendor Xen kernel for your distro?

That's the last thing I wanted to try but couldn't find time to reboot the
affected server to test it out. My intention was not to use a distro
kernel, as Debians 2.6.18 is patched for XEN 3.0.3. I could stay with my
current 3.0.4 system and I would be more recent.

Regards,
Markus