Re: [Xen-devel] address translation in hvm mode

At 04:54 -0800 on 29 Jan (1201582491), rajneesh rana wrote:
> i am  new to xen-development and currently trying to understand memory mgmt
> in hvm mode
> I am writing a hypercall which takes input of virtual address of domu.
> hypercall translate this address to machine and return 4kb page from
> thereafter.
> Inside hypercall, i m using  paging_gva_to_gfn function but it returns -1
> instead of returning valid gfn.
>
> what wrong with my approach.

It should work, though I'm not sure that any other code calls
paging_gva_to_gfn() with v != current.  It will depend on the hardware
you run on whether the function called is actually hap_gva_to_gfn_<foo>
or sh_gva_to_gfn; you could try instrumenting with printk or otherwise.

Cheers,

Tim.

--
Tim Deegan <Tim.Deegan@xxxxxxxxxx>
Principal Software Engineer, Citrix Systems (R&D) Ltd.