Re: [Xen-devel] sizeof(long) different under windows x64 and linux x64

On Wed, 2008-01-23 at 10:01 +1100, James Harper wrote:
> Under gcc on an x64 system, sizeof(long) = 8
> Under windows ddk on an x64 system, sizeof(long) = 4
>
> Are the xen header files written with the assumption that sizeof(long) =
> 8? If so, this would explain why i'm getting EINVAL from the hypervisor
> under windows x64...

I think it's very hard to be LP64/LLP64-clean without actual testing on
both.

I'm sure patches would be accepted to clean things up. We imported a
private version of the xen headers into the winpv tree hg so maybe we
should just go ahead and modify that, and then we can pull out a diff to
submit against xen-unstable when we know all the issues are cleaned up?

Most of the 700+ warnings on x64 Windows winpv build is probably because
of this :)

Regards -- Andy