Re: [Xen-devel] 3.1/2 live migration panic

At 08:10 +0000 on 17 Jan (1200557415), Keir Fraser wrote:
> What do you mean by 'a constant'? It's a pointer into the guest linear
> pagetable, which I suppose is what we expect, and for some reason there is
> no PTE at that location to be read. Clearly a higher-level page directory is
> missing. Possibly shadow code has got confused and thought a page directory
> was present when it wasn't, or perhaps the page directory went away (and/or
> was in the process of disappearing from TLBs) as the shadow fault handler
> went about its business. I'm sure Tim will have some insights. :-)

Hmm.  Yes, it's a pointer into the (shadow) linear PT, and we've just
checked that it's valid or made it so.  Code inspection has lead to a
lot of dead ends so far; can you try the attached patch?

Cheers,

Tim.

--
Tim Deegan <Tim.Deegan@xxxxxxxxxx>
Principal Software Engineer, Citrix Systems (R&D) Ltd.