Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 3.1-testing 32bit vmx fails to compile(CS 15577/tip)

Am Dienstag, 15. Januar 2008 19:21:24 schrieb Keir Fraser:
> On 15/1/08 18:02, "Ralph Passgang" <xen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > p.s.: I am not a great c-coder, but I am pretty sure "==" is really far
> > away from beeing the same as "!=", so you really think it will only fix
> > the crash for _me_? *smile*
>
> Indeed. It would explain why the changeset was 'stuck' in the staging
> tree because of automated test failures!

Yep, so you have tests for building xen and for at least booting the
hypervisor and most likely dom0, but it clearly shows that you don't have
an automated hvm guest creation tests embedded in your test suite. :)

I just noticed that now everything is fine for my system besides the fact
that hvm guests doesn't boot anymore. With a vnc session connected you can
see the usual bios part, but then nothing happens. The guest os doesn't get
loaded and with xm top I see the domain using 100% cpu-time. Vnc still and
forever only shows the bios messages. I tried Vista 64 and XP (32bit) but
exactly the same happens.

Lasting known working changeset was 15590. 15598 didn't booted on my amd64
and now I see this hvm problems on 15600. So between 15590-15600 must be
something.

Feel a bit like a chess game, now it's your turn again ;))

--Ralph