Re: [Xen-devel] That xenstored console leak...

On 14/1/08 20:08, "John Levon" <levon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I see the behaviour in 3.1 with HVM domains. If I live migrate twice,
> then the MAC address is lost, and a new random one is generated:
>
> I don't have to do anything "special", this happens every time on 3.1. I
> presume that the troublesome changeset fixes this exact problem.

Yes, device controllers clean up by deleting /vm/<uuid>/path/to/device. This
aliases with the new domain's device information (because they're really the
same vm) and so when the old domain is cleaned up the new domain loses
information. Disambiguating with an extra level of indirection seemed the
simplest fix for this. I'm not sure why this leads to xenstore leaks.

When a domain is finally garbage collected in xend, perhaps we should delete
its entire /vm/<uuid>/<unique-number>? That would seem a nice and reasonable
catch-all.

 -- Keir