Re: [Xen-devel] "cpus" config parameter broken?

On 9/1/08 18:40, "Dan Magenheimer" <dan.magenheimer@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> My opinion: CPU affinity/restriction should NOT be preserved
> across migration.  Or if it is, it should only be preserved
> when the source and target have the same number of pcpus
> (thus allowing save/restore to work OK).  Or maybe it should
> only be preserved for save/restore and not for migration.

I agree with that. Unless save/restore is on the same machine (identified in
some way) or at least has identical CPU topology as far as we can see.
Otherwise some higher-level entity needs to be smart enough to work out
affinity during restore and issue the correct 'xm' commands (or equivalent).

 -- Keir