Re: [Xen-devel] Release 0.5.0 of Xen PV drivers for Windows

On Thu, Dec 20, 2007 at 08:58:32PM +1100, James Harper wrote:
> This message is to announce the 0.5.0 release of my GPL Xen PV drivers
> for Windows. Still considered alpha software - test very carefully
> before you even consider running it on a production system. Network
> drivers are included but are not currently working.
>
> The source is available at:
> http://xenbits.xensource.com/ext/win-pvdrivers.hg
> And a pre-compiled binary at (i386 XP & 2K3 only):
> http://www.meadowcourt.org/WindowsXenPV-0.5.0.zip
>
> Updates since last time:
> . It's now a scsi miniport driver
> . CDROM works
> . Works under XP as well as 2K3
> . Graceful shutdown service (responds to xm shutdown/reboot)
>
> Known issues:
> . xm reboot hangs at the end of the shutdown instead of rebooting
> . Network drivers don't currently work (Andy Grover is working on these)
> . Users of the previous release reported some issues that I couldn't
> reproduce, but they all seemed to be on Intel based system and my only
> test environment is AMD... any feedback on this release would be greatly
> appreciated.
> . 32 bit only at this point.
> . When the PV drivers are responsible for the boot disk, crash dumps
> don't work.
>
> Any and all feedback welcome.

Really good work!

Btw how did you solve the problem you had earlier with the scsi miniport stuff?

Any comments about expected performance at this point? Is it already
optimized or still in the "features first, optimization later"-mode?

Can't test atm, but will do that later.

-- Pasi