Re: [Xen-devel] Re: Scheduling groups, credit scheduler support

Samuel Thibault, le Fri 14 Dec 2007 17:36:27 +0000, a écrit :
> Samuel Thibault, le Fri 14 Dec 2007 16:26:13 +0000, a écrit :
> > I tested groups a bit (the merge goes very fine) but couldn't see a
> > difference,
>
> Oops, scratch that: groups operations were not working.

This time I could really test it. There is no real performance
difference even when dom0 is busy looping. It hence looks like the
boosting feature of the credit scheduler already does a good job.

However, when using the "cap" feature of the credit scheduler, there is
indeed a noticeable difference: the stubdomain cpu time properly gets
accounted in the HVM cpu time, and the cap does have an effect on the
whole of the two.

Now I guess this has to be somehow merged with the other, more
instrusive, group support that got submitted to xen-devel.

Samuel