Re: [Xen-devel] page table question!

At 11:07 +0800 on 16 Dec (1197803269), tgh wrote:
> nested page table ,for the AMD NPT ,is stored in the dom0 linear space,
> not in the hypervisor virtual address ,is it? or what is the meaning of
> "that's one major benefit of nested paging: counteraction "address space
> compression".",and what about the Intel EPT, is it similar ,or how does
> it work, I am still comfused about the hypervisor' limited virtual
> address space, it wont be used for storing the EPT or NPT, is it? or
> what about  the hypervisor's virtual address space in the AMD or
> Intel-vt?how much space is it? or what is tricks behind, could you give
> me a more detailed explanation about NPT and EPT

NPT is described in volume 2 of AMD's Architecture Programmer's Manual.
http://www.amd.com/us-en/Processors/TechnicalResources/0,,30_182_739_7044,00.html

I don't know of any publically available documentation on EPT, but there
are some details in Jun Nakajima's slides from the recent Xen Summit.
http://xen.org/xensummit/xensummit_fall_2007.html

Tim.

--
Tim Deegan <Tim.Deegan@xxxxxxxxxx>
Principal Software Engineer, Citrix Systems.