Re: [Xen-devel] run real drivers in differnt domains

> > Looks like this pass-through will work for devices on the PCI bus. But
> > what about devices that are not on the PCI bus. I was going through
> > one of the threads which talks about differences between xen 1.2 and
> > 2.0 drivers. Where it mentions it possible to have such drivers. Is
> > this possible with Xen 3.0 also ?
>
> I don't think so, your choices are basically PV front/back virtual
> devices (like we have for net, block and a couple of others) or PCI
> passthrough of a physical PCI device.

I think it's possible to get very simple legacy devices passed through, for
instance serial ports.  There is syntax in the config files to allow
individual IRQs, MMIO regions and IO port ranges to be granted, I think.

Cheers,
Mark

Dave: Skateboards have wheels.
Mark: My wheel has a wheel!