[Xen-devel] c/s 16542 questions

Michael, Keir,

could you shed some more detailed light on what this addresses (I'm
asking partly because it seems odd, and partly because I want to
understand whether we want/need to pull this into some of our releases).

Specifically I'm wondering about the bogus use of pushfw/popfw: Why
can't one use native-sized operations here?

And I'm wondering why the looping waiting for bit 7 needs to be done in
Xen rather than in the code initiating the out.

Finally, is the DMI table provided assumed to be complete, i.e. will no
future HP systems not covered by the table require this workaround? If
not, this is going to be requiring repeated maintenance effort, which
seems undesirable at best.

Thanks, Jan