RE: [Xen-devel] Dynamic-irq's in HVM domains

> Doesn't windows have some kind of deferred work processing like Linux
> softirqs
> or workqueues that you could used to schedule work to happen soon in
> driver
> context?  That'd enable you to do everything within existing windows
APIs.

Yes, but all scsiport calls have to be done from within the context of
the scsiport code. Aside from the request processing path where you get
a new srb (scsi request block) to process, you have two choices - the
isr, and a timer callback. Performance with the timer callback is
horrible, for obvious reasons. An isr has to be hooked to an actual irq.
Therein lies the problem...

The more I read about this the more I find other people looking for the
same sort of solution... I may have to abandon the whole scsiport idea,
which would be a shame.

Thanks

James