From: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jambunathan K
Sent: 2007年11月30日 22:04
To: Han, Weidong
Cc: xen-devel; Sanjeev Jorapur
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] PCI Passthrough to HVM on xen-unstable

Han, Weidong wrote:
> Pls check your BIOS to see whether it's VT-d capable, and enable it
> first if you want to use it. Seems your configures are correct, pls
> check your BIOS.

I don't see an option for "Intel VT for Directed I/O" when "Intel Virtualization
Technology" is enabled. My understanding is that VT-d is a motherboard feature
and not a processor feature.

I have done some limited research looking around. I am confused whether I can
get VT-d to work with just a BIOS upgrade or I would be required to upgrade my
box altogther. If you have some info off the top of your head to clarify things
for me, I would appreciate it.