[Xen-devel] Re: Massive problems with 'PCI-DMA: Out of SW-IOMMU space for XXX bytes [..]' with 3Ware controller

Keir Fraser wrote:

Before I start testing, I have some questions:

> What happens if you run the old kernel (32-bit 2.6.16) on new Xen?

I could simply exchange the Xen hypervisor on my old system, but
1. Will the old xend work with the new hypervisor? I don't want to further
touch the old (stable) system. An exchange of the hypervisor is not the
problem, as it's just one file, but the complete Xen userland...
2. Will a 32bit xend work with a 64bit hypervisor?

> What happens if you run a new (2.6.18) 32-bit kernel on new Xen?

Ok, I'll have to do some compiling before I can say anything on this (I only
have 64bit packages (Xen and kernel)).
And I have to install a test-32bit-dom0.

> Or what about new 2.6.18 kernel on old Xen?

You mean the 32bit version of 2.6.18? Have to do some compiling...

Regards,
Markus Schuster