RE: [Xen-devel] Dom0 hangs on boot, CentOS 5 x86_64

  • To: "Steve Hill" <steve@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Ian Pratt" <Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2007 10:23:54 -0000
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 10:18:17 -0800

> The motherboard is running the latest (2 month old) BIOS, however I've
> noticed that the stock (non-Xen) Fedora 7 kernel fails to boot unless
you
> specify acpi=off, so presumably the BIOS has some ACPI bugs.
Specifying
> acpi=off doesn't solve the Xen problem though.

acpi=off needs to be specified on the xen command line rather than
kernel's. Might be worth trying that.

Running without acpi isn't ideal, though.

To debug the xen issue, use a DEBUG=y build of xen then you can access
the xen debug console on either serial or console. That should enable
you to get a RIP out to find where its looping.

Ian