[Xen-tools] Re: [Xen-devel] Fw: [Xen-API] status of xen api

xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 10/30/2007 11:26:14 AM:

> I didn't get a reply from xen-api, but I urgently need this information.
>
> Can anyone help me?
>
> Thanks.

Is this a domain that happens to only have a ramdisk?
If you create a domain with access to a disk and use xm in xen-api mode then does this still happen?  To do this you have to activate the 'server' node in /etc/xen/xm-config.xml and add (xen-api-server (( 0.0.0.0:9363 none ))) to /etc/xen/xend-config.sxp.

> * my network object has no PIFs, is this normal?

Not sure about this, though I'd say that the network should have a list of PIFs with at least one PIF in it, which represents 'peth0'.

> * In an older version of Xend (3.0.3), the host.get_log didn't escape
>   the log correctly. Is this fixed? I can't reproduce on my host, but it
>   could be something missing in my log.
>
> Is there any documentation about the correct procedure and values for:
>
> 1. creating a VM, vbd or a vif (pif & pbd?);

Have a look at the xen-api documentation and on the xen-api mailing list where people have previously posted their examples, even though it might have a flaw somewhere. Even though this one here might be for PHP, it shows what parameters need to be passed.

http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-api/2007-10/msg00003.html

Maybe this here is also helpful:

http://xen.begi.net:46984/markup/xen-unstable.hg/tools/examples/xeninfo.pl

   I hope I could help.