[Xen-users] first binary release of GPL Windows PV drivers

I've just uploaded the first binary "it works for me" release of the GPL
Windows PV drivers I've been developing. The binary was compiled for
windows 2003 32-bit, so it will probably only work on that. It also
definitely doesn't work under Xen 3.0.4, so you'll probably need 3.1.0
or 3.1.1.

Compiling for XP 32-bit will probably 'just work'. Compiling for 2000
might work. Anything 64-bit just hasn't been tested.

You can download it at http://www.meadowcourt.org/WindowsXenPV-0.1.0.zip

Please read the README and INSTALL documents in the zip file and please
don't try it on any production environment (I'd even be wary of trying
it on a physical machine that has production DomU's on it)... it just
hasn't had that much testing yet, although it hasn't wrecked any of my
filesystems in a very long time (weeks) or crashed any DomU's in a while
(days). I've only just convinced Windows to put a swap file on there
too...

I'd be very interested to hear about any performance testing anyone does
(real numbers or just "it feels faster/slower with PV than without").
>From the testing I've done, large-block-size benchmarks appear a bit
faster and with heaps less CPU load. My test machine isn't particularly
fast though.

Don't be afraid to ask questions if you have any trouble installing...
I'm not known for writing good documentation :) Please keep
install-related questions to the -users list though.

Someone is working on PV network drivers too.

Enjoy!

James