[Xen-devel] HVM domain with write caching going on somewhere to disk

  • To: <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "James Harper" <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2007 21:40:57 +1100
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 08 Nov 2007 02:41:33 -0800

I just about have my PV block device drivers booting, except just before
the login screen appears I get a message that the registry couldn't be
written out. I'm pretty sure that this is because some data from the
int13 interface provided by the qemu intel ide driver that has been
written, hasn't actually made it to the block device (lvm volume in my
case).

I've noticed before that any changes made in a Windows HVM domain
shortly before an 'xm shutdown' don't ever get written out...

Anyway, is there a way to make sure that the qemu stuff doesn't do any
write caching at all?

Thanks

James