Re: [Xen-devel] xend "sysctl operation failed"

On 7/11/07 16:02, "Aron Griffis" <aron@xxxxxx> wrote:

>> You need to reinstall the tools.
>
> I have, multiple times, including "make uninstall" first.
>
> What are you anticipating that a tools re-install will fix?

The sysctl is almost certainly failing because of a interface version
mismatch. Could you be building the tools and Xen against different versions
of the public sysctl.h header file?

Try instrumenting xen/common/sysctl.c in the hypervisor and see if you are
indeed failing on the obvious version check at the top of the do_sysctl()
function.

 -- Keir