Re: [Xen-devel] Avoiding VmEntry/VmExit.

Is this for HVM?  AFAIK you can't really avoid doing a VMexit from HVM guest
mode if you want to get back to Xen: Xen just doesn't exist in the address
space of the guest.

For PV guests, Xen is mapped into the address space so you basically just need
to do a ring transition.

Cheers,
Mark

> I am trying to provide services to guest VMs where I wish to run guest VMs
> in a loop.
>
> I wish to use a core to schedule a guest VM, service it eg. execute an ISR
> etc and then return to the context of Xen on that core, so that I can then
> schedule the next VM on that core.
> In doing all this, the goal is to avoid the calls to VMEntry and VMExit. Is
> there a workaround for this to be done or will I always have to face a
> VMExit to return to the Xen context on that core ?
>
> Looking forward to some pointers.
>
> Thanks,
> Devdutt.

Dave: Skateboards have wheels.