[Xen-devel] problem in setting cpumask for physical interrupt

  • To: <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Agarwal, Lomesh" <lomesh.agarwal@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 17:36:06 -0700
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 17:36:52 -0700

Why does function pirq_guest_bind (in arch/x86/irq.c) calls set_affinity with cpumask of current processor? If I understand correctly pirq_guest_bind is called in response to guest calling request_irq. So, if by chance all guests call request_irq on the same physical processor then Xen may end up setting interrupt affinity to one physical processor only.

I think Xen should set the affinity to all the processors available. VCPU is not guranteed to run on the same physical processor on which it called request_irq anyway.

I will send a patch if my understanding looks ok.