Re: [Xen-devel] xen-unstable HV fails to boot on AMD quad core

  • To: "Daniel P. Berrange" <berrange@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Keir Fraser <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 17:12:04 +0100
  • Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 09:13:00 -0700

On 19/10/07 16:51, "Daniel P. Berrange" <berrange@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I don't know if I'm using SVGA console support. This is basically a 100%
> clean checkout of xen-unstable.hg and I just did 'make' in the 'xen'
> directory without changing any build config options, and I've not given any
> special boot parameters to the HV. So if SVGA stuff is enabled by default,
> then I'm using it....   Is there a grub boot option I can use to disable
> it ?

No it's not enabled by default. So the 10s delay is rather weird! Is this a
property of any version of Xen on this machine (e.g., 3.1.0, 3.1.1)? Or is
it a new property of recent xen-unstable?

> Unfortunately this box is one of the 'nice' new legacy free machines
> and thus no serial :-(

Oh dear. :-( For that kind of machine I tend to stick in a PCI serial card,
work out its BIOS-assigned resources, and then manually specify the I/O
ports and IRQ on the Xen command line. Working with no serial at all is way
too painful.

 -- Keir