RE: [Xen-devel] cpufreq support status

>>> "Langsdorf, Mark" <mark.langsdorf@xxxxxxx> 17.10.07 15:56 >>>
>> Could anyone summarize what the support status of cpu
>> frequency changes is at present. I don't seem to
>> recall generic changes to the hpyervisor in
>> that respect, but the linux tree has fairly extensive
>> changes to the powernow-k8 driver
>> (which would make sense to me only if all other cpufreq
>> drivers are fully supported now, too).
>
>I don't understand this; the changes I made in the
>Linux tree were not prompted by the Xen code.  What
>are you trying to say?

The question is whether *any* of the cpufreq drivers will now work (with
Xen properly adjusting to the changed frequency) versus whether this
now can only be expected to work for powernow-k8 (plus perhaps
acpi-cpufreq). In the latter case I'd likely continue to have the
CPU_FREQ selector depend on !XEN in our kernels, instead of the
more fragile disabling of individual drivers...

The cpufreq notifier would suggest it's generic, but the MSR accesses
needed by other drivers would suggest it's not.

Jan