[Xen-users] Xen Summit #5 : November 14-16; FINAL Call for Presentation Proposals

Folks,

The official deadline for presentation proposals has now passed, and the
programme committee is about to start work assembling the programme.
However, we're intending to hold back committing on a few presentation
slots to allow for any high-quality late submissions. In particular,
there are quite a few Xen dev projects I know about that aren't
currently represented, so I'd encourage folk to come forward with
presentations that give a status update. More papers describing
real-world xen deployments or performance data would be great too.

Please send your proposals through to the summit-talks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
alias ASAP and before Mon 22 Oct.

The registration site is now on-line, so you can start to register and
book hotel rooms at the reduced rate etc.
http://www.regonline.com/156148

Hope to see you at the summit!

Thanks,
Ian

Xen Summit #5 : November 14-16, Santa Clara CA

Sun Microsystems have kindly agreed to host and sponsor the next Xen
Summit, which will be held from the afternoon of Weds 14 November to
midday on Fri 16 on the Sun campus in Santa Clara, California.
For further details, and to register, please visit
http://www.regonline.com/156148

Call for Presentation Proposals
===============================

We invite you to submit proposals for presentations and/or tutorials on
any of the topics below, or indeed any other topic of importance to the
Xen development community. Areas of interest include:

*       Xen Project roadmap
*       Xen Security roadmap
*       Core hypervisor roadmap
*       x86/ia64/ppc and other ports
*       Integrating smart I/O hardware
*       Benchmarking and performance optimization
*       Real-world Xen deployment case studies
*       Research projects using Xen
*       Testing
*       The Xen Control Stack, XenAPI, CIM etc
*       GUIs, Web interfaces etc
*       Linux Paravirt_ops
*       Solaris, *BSD and other OSes
*       Improving emulated device support
*       SCSI, Framebuffer and other driver support
*       VMM Interoperability (KVM, VMware etc)

Please send an abstract describing what you propose to present to
summit-talks <at> xensource.com as soon as possible, before 15 October.

We are aiming for 30 minute presentation slots (including 10 minutes of
questions) but if your talk is likely to be shorter please indicate so
to assist scheduling.

Authors selected for presentation will be asked to extend their abstract
into a 'mini paper' which will then accompany the presentation slides on
the summit web site.

Xen Summit #5 Programme Committee: Dan Magenheimer (Oracle),
Alex Williamson (HP), Ky Srinivasan (Novell), Jun Nakajima (Intel),
Tim Marsland (Sun), Mike Day (IBM), Tom Woller (AMD), Keir Fraser (XS),
Ian Pratt (XS)