[Xen-devel] Rate adaption during live migration

  • To: Xen Developers <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Daniel Stodden <stodden@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2007 01:01:53 +0200
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 12 Oct 2007 16:02:41 -0700

Hi all.

I always thought adaptive transmission rates in live migration were
switched on by default. Now I notice this does not seem to even be the
case.

Is there any specific reason? Just because I'm interested. Won't work?

More importantly: Regarding the behavior when turned off, this turns off
RATE_IS_MAX() as well. Have been playing with totally pathetic cases and
was surprised to learn that the present configuration would happily
exercise them through maximum number of iterations. Is this intentional?

thanks for listening,
daniel

--
Daniel Stodden
LRR     -      Lehrstuhl fÃr Rechnertechnik und Rechnerorganisation