RE: [Xen-devel] shutdown question - PV vs HVM

> > If I understand the code correctly, as soon as I see the
> > control/shutdown node appear, I should read it, and then write a
blank
> > string into it, which acknowledges the shutdown request and stops
the
> > forced shutdown. I should then give windows the shutdown or reboot
> > command, depending on what I read from the xenstore node.
> >
> > Sound good?
>
> Yep, that sounds about right.

Hmmm... I am writing a blank string into the shutdown node, but xen
still performs the reboot about 30 seconds later... The blank string is
definitely getting written as I can do a xenstore-read from dom0 and it
shows blank.

The only thing I can see that is different is that linux does it in a
transaction, while I don't. Would that make a difference?

Thanks

James