Re: [Xen-devel] Re: [Xen-changelog] [xen-3.1-testing] xend: fix server/netif.py so that it respects type=None.

On Fri, Oct 05, 2007 at 06:30:48PM +0100, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
> > The whole "PV and IOEMU" at the same time makes me uncomfortable,
> > though it looks to be more problematic with disks than network
> > devices.
>
> The key is that the Dom0 configuration of the guest should allow the
> guest kernel to choose the drivers.

Understood.

> Obviously you don't want both drivers active at once, so one idea is
> for the PV drivers to 'grab' the PCI resources associated with the
> emulated NIC.

That seems so wrong.

In Solaris drivers are loaded as a result of a mapping from the PCI ID
of the device to a driver name (I've no idea if it's the same in
Linux). What happens if the RTL8139 driver gets in first?