[Xen-devel] dumpread for core files...

  • To: <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Roger Cruz" <rcruz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 21:42:16 -0400
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 18:43:02 -0700

As I have not found a way to connect a debugger for debugging a
hypervisor crash, I'm looking for the next solution, which is to read
the coredump file generated when the hypervisor crashes (this is with
XenSource 4.0, which does so automatically).

In my research I came across the following post that details a way to
break up the corefile into the hypervisor and domain 0 components and
then use GDB to read them.  This approach seems workable for me, except
that I can't find the utility dumpread.  The links given below are no
longer active.  Does anyone have access to the sources or a newer link?

Thanks

---------------------------------
Hi,

I updated dumpread scripts to extract domain/hypervisor image
from kdump whole-machine dump image.

Changes:
- libelf wrapper contains SWIG generated sources for OSs which has old
SWIG.
- fix scalability problem for dump file size.
- fix some typo.

You can get scripts:
http://people.valinux.co.jp/~moriwaka/dumpread/

and short howto: