Re: [Xen-devel] Can't unbind PCI sound card

On Thu, 2007-09-27 at 09:36 -0400, Tech Writer wrote:
> I am definitely trying to unbind the PCI sound card.  The "example" I
> included was one that I pulled off the web.  I just re-read my initial
> note, and realized i just edited the web example. My exact command is
> this:
>
>        echo -n 0000:00:0b.0 > /sys/bus/pci/drivers/ENS1371/unbind
>
> ... and this command just hangs.

My best guess would be that the device in in use and therefore it is
hanging waiting for the devices reference count to drop to zero before
it can unbind.

You probably need to find which process has the sound-device open, the
lsof tool might help here.

Ian.