[Xen-devel] Windows DDK and GPL

  • To: <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "James Harper" <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 12:09:19 +1000
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 19:09:58 -0700

During a recent discussion about the PV drivers for windows, someone
made a comment about (I'm paraphrasing from memory here, I might be
completely wrong) the Windows DDK being incompatible with the GPL, and
thus even if you wanted to, any driver developed under the DDK could not
be released under the GPL, or maybe even any other OSS license...

Can anyone point me to something which explicitly clarifies this? Or
correct me if my interpretation is incorrect?

Thanks

James