Re: [Xen-devel] Xen linux error message: PCI-DMA: Out of SW-IOMMU space for 65536 bytes at device 0000:02:01.0

On Sat, Sep 08, 2007 at 09:57:40AM +0100, Keir Fraser wrote:

> > Not that I find this a good or intuitive solution, but at least now the
> > error
> > messages have disappeared. Couldn't this swiotlb grow automatically when
> > needed?
>
> No, it is allocated at boot time, and creating a larger one by
> default would waste memory on most systems.

I've been toying with the idea of dynamically allocating the swiotlb
aperture to handle cases like this, but the added run-time cost and
complexity may not be worth it for what is supposed to be a
slow-not-really-meant-to-be-used-path.

Cheers,
Muli