Re: [Xen-devel] Execution Flow when Guest Page Fault

At 22:35 +0800 on 29 Jul (1185748550), Peter Teoh wrote:
> I would like to know approximately the overall execution flow when the guest
> O/S page fault - how is the page fault transfer to a page fault in the host
> O/S?

Look at do_page_fault() -- it tries various ways of handling the
pagefault inside Xen (e.g. shadow fault handler, "writeable PT" code, or
fixing up a fault in __copy_from_guest), and if none of them works it
calls propagate_page_fault() to send the fault on to the guest.

The equivalent code for HVM domains is in the exit handlers in svm.c and
vmx.c.  They only handle shadow faults, as the various xen-initiated
faults always go through do_page_fault.

Tim.

--
Tim Deegan <Tim.Deegan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, XenSource UK Limited
Registered office c/o EC2Y 5EB, UK; company number 05334508