Re: [Xen-devel] Hot backup vs (local) live migration

  • To: Claris Castillo <ccastil@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Luiz Vitor Martinez Cardoso <grabber@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 12:00:59 -0300
  • Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 23:00:16 -0700

Hi,

First i have a question! Why you need make a memory-ram backup? I read your
text and don`t understand what you are saying exact. The live migration
algoritms "only" manage the data from memory-ram, the data from HD need to be
managed with drdb, iscsi... when we need to backup a xen machine just a
image/lvm/evms needs to be backuped.

Regards,

Grabber.