Re: [Xen-devel] PATCH: Enable QEMU booting of blktap disks

Andrew Warfield wrote:
> Gerd, don't misunderstand what I'm saying:  I'd be delighted to see
> blktap and qemu share block device implementations.  However, the
> blktap patch that I am commenting on achieves exactly the opposite of
> that: it *requires* two implementations of any virtual disk type that
> you want to use PV drivers on in an HVM guest.

Well, the code will be in qemu anyway because other people use it, no
matter whenever the xenified qemu device model actually uses it or not
(with the phantom device redirection trick).  So if you want to get rid
of code duplication either shared libs or redirecting things the other
way around (i.e. use qemu code for both hvm and pv) will work.

cheers,
  Gerd