Re: [Xen-devel] Error creating HVM domain in Xen-3.1

  • To: "Mats Petersson" <mats@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: "Nidhi Aggarwal" <aggarwalnidhi@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2007 11:41:02 -0400
  • Delivery-date: Sat, 14 Jul 2007 08:38:49 -0700

HI Mats,

Thanks a lot for your reply.  I have tried without -c and still the VM doesnt work.

I sent the error to xen-developers list since the error message said so, but will also post it to the users list.
Nidhi

On 7/14/07, Mats Petersson <mats@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx > wrote:
At 02:56 14/07/2007, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I am trying  to set up fully virtualized guest VMs (Fedora core 6)
>on Xen -3.1 on a AMD Opteron SVM enabled system (blade with 2 dual
>cores). I followed the instructions in the user manual to create an
>image of the OS. I have included the configuration file that I am
>using and also information using xm info. I am a newbie to Xen
>installation and would really appreciate help and suggestions.
>
>Following is the error message I get when I try the command  xm
>create -c xmexample.hvm

Try without "-c". Since the console is essentially reflecting the use
of a serial console on the OS, it's meaningless for Windows, and only
works if you've done special setup in a Linux distro. This is
different from PV domains where the console is part of the
para-virtualization.

[This sort of question probably belongs in xen users mailing list
rather than Xen Devel, but that's a different matter]

--
Mats