[Xen-devel] Passing data from hypervisor to dom0 application

  • To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Abhinav Srivastava <abhinavs_iitkgp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2007 08:16:16 +0100 (BST)
  • Delivery-date: Sat, 14 Jul 2007 00:14:09 -0700

Hi there,

I am working with Xen 3.0.3 in para-virtualized mode. I am intercepting guest virtual machines hypercalls inside the the hypervisor and trying to pass this data to dom0 monitoring application. To pass data, I shared a page between dom0 and hypervisor using alloc_hypertrace_buf function and used memcpy to write data on the shared page. To inform userspace application about the data, i used virq.

The problem that i am facing in this whole process is since hypercall data is coming so fast userspace application is not able to show all the hypercalls.
I am not able to think of exact reason of this behavior. Is it because of virq's which are sent by Xen? or Xen is sending so fast that userspace application is not able to read it? or Is it some pending interrupt problem?

I would really appreciate any response in this regard. If there is any other (better way) to pass such data from hypervisor to dom0 userspace then please let me know.

Thanks & Regards,
Abhinav

Here?s a new way to find what you're looking for - Yahoo! Answers