Re: [Xen-devel] determining if kernel is dom0 kernel or not.

> Optional :
> Any history behind it containing 'control_d' ?
> Control Dom ?

Yeah, I should think that's what it stands for ;-)

Dom0's kernel knows if it's dom0, anyhow - it has to know it's supposed to
manage various privileged stuff.  The /proc/xen/capabilities interface is
just a convenient way of it telling userspace (was introduced, IIRC, for
purposes such as making init scripts do the Right Thing withoout breaking in
all cases, rather than having to be manually set up differently for native /
dom0 / domU).

Cheers.
Mark

> Thanks
> /Jd
>
> --- Keir Fraser <keir@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On 11/7/07 21:38, "Ian Campbell"
> >
> > <Ian.Campbell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > that's trickier --

> > domU, if the kernel is

> > a privileged hypercall. :-)
> >
> > > Doesn't /proc/xen/capabilities contain something
> >
> > different on dom0 vs.
> >
> > > domU?
> >
> > Oh yes, of course. It contains 'control_d' if you
> > are dom0.
> >
> >  -- Keir

Dave: Skateboards have wheels.
Mark: My wheel has a wheel!