Re: [Xen-devel] Stimulating domains to send gratuitous ARPs

  • To: "Ian Pratt" <Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Zhu Han" <schumi.han@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2007 17:08:42 -0400
  • Cc: "Graham, Simon" <Simon.Graham@xxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Ian Campbell <Ian.Campbell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 05 Jul 2007 14:06:31 -0700

On 7/5/07, Ian Pratt <Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
For bond case you described, you don't need to send ARPs, you just need to send
any packet with the right src MAC to cause the switches to reconfigure. Since
the bond driver likely already maintains a list of MAC addrs its operating on
behalf of this is easy.

Ian, that's right.

But you can't depend on it just like you can't depend on the VM
continues to talk with the right mac address after the migration. :-)

Ian

> Simon

best regards,
hanzhu