Re: [Xen-devel] Grant Tables & mm.c

> I am using grant tables to set up a shared memory between two guests.
> One problem i am facing is that as soon as the shared memory is set up one
> of the domain crashes with the log message "Attempt to implicitly unmap a
> granted PTE".
> the message is from function "put_page_from_l1e" in mm.c(arch/x86).
>
> what could be the reason? Any pointers would be of great help

This means that something is attempting to zero the PTE pointing to the
granted page without doing an explicit grant unmap hypercall; this is not
allowed by Xen.

Do you have any idea what might be causing this?  Are you mapping pages to
userspace?  Linux tends to zap userspace page mappings quite cheerfully
unless you do something to stop it, could this be your problem?

Cheers,
Mark

Dave: Skateboards have wheels.
Mark: My wheel has a wheel!