Re: [Xen-devel] create_periodic_time(): why forced to 0.9ms ?

I'm not the original writer, but know some reason for this:)

At the beginning, this logic is used for safe guard in case bad guest set too
low freq in PIT channel.

The lowest PIT freq we known that time is 1ms (linux 2.6 kernel) and allow some
inaccuracy because of the round divide(%10, i.e 0.9 ms as you can see).

On Sun, Jul 01, 2007 at 09:44:43PM +0100, Keir Fraser wrote:
> That's a question for whoever at Intel originally wrote that code. I'm sure
> the answer is that anything smaller is too small. :-)  Which is kind of
> reasonable...
>
>  -- Keir
>
> On 29/6/07 23:41, "Russ Blaine" <russell.blaine@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > create_periodic_time() forces the period to be at least 0.9 ms. Can anyone
> > explain the history behind this? Why is this done, and how was this constant
> > chosen?

best rgds,
edwin