[Xen-devel] Re: STGI #UD exception

mythbuster wrote:
Hello all,

AMD manual states about STGI instruction:

"This instruction generates a #UD exception is SVM is not enabled."

However, if I execute in ring-0 the STGI instruction in my system with
EFER.SVME == 0, I receive a #GP exception instead of a #UD exception.
In other test, I just set the SVME bit to 1 and now I receive a #UD
exception!

So SVM doesn't work at all? Have you checked to see if it's disabled in your BIOS?

Regards,

Anthony Liguori

Is the manual wrong?

P.S.: My CPU obviously has the SVM extensions (AMD X2 4600+ AM2)