Re: [Xen-devel] page table question!

> I try to read the paging part code of xen-3.1.0, and I am confused about
> the " compat_machine_to_phys_mapping" ,what does xen do with the
> "CONFIG_COMPAT",and what are the differences between the
> "machine_to_phys_mapping" and the "compat_machine_to_phys_mapping"?

Compat-mode guests are 32-bit PAE guests running on a 64-bit hypervisor.
Certain Xen API data structures need to be translated for compat-mode guests
to access them; I guess the M2P mapping must be one of them but it's not
immediately obvious to me what the differences would be.

For things like the start info / shared info page, which will also be
different for compat-mode guests, it's more obvious since at the least there
are probably some fields that are 64-bit or 32-bit depending on the guest
mode...

Cheers,
Mark

Dave: Skateboards have wheels.