Re: [Xen-devel] PATCH: Use name instead of pid in QEMU logs

On 12/6/07 17:04, "Keir Fraser" <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> I am happy to submit further patches to validate domain names in XenD and
>> switch to opening the file in append mode, if changeset 15219 were to be
>> reverted.
>
> Personally I don't much care either way. Christian didn't like the names in
> log filenames, and he maintains the qemu patchset. :-)

I'll elaborate a bit: imo the qemu logs are second only to xend-debug.log
for uselessness, particularly for ordinary users. I would support sending
the few lines of output that usually get written there to /dev/null instead
by default.

 -- Keir