Re: [Xen-devel] troubles using network boot with HVM guest

At 14:58 +0200 on 04 Jun (1180969137), Guillaume Rousse wrote:
> As a potential issue, dhcp reply comes from another network, through a
> proxy. I once had troubles with windows client ignoring those answers if
> their origin was not strictly set to the local network broadcast adress.

>From a quick rummage around in the packet trace, it looks like the DHCP
siaddr ("next server to contact") field in the reply packet is set to
zero, and etherboot explicitly discards dhcp replies where that field is
zero.  (Disclaimer: this is based on about ten minutes of poking at the
etherboot source and RFC2131 -- I am by no means a DCHP expert).

Can you check the DHCP server settings, and whether your proxy is doing
something wierd to the packet?

Tim.

--
Tim Deegan <Tim.Deegan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, XenSource UK Limited
Registered office c/o EC2Y 5EB, UK; company number 05334508