[Xen-devel] netfront: rx->offset: 12, size: 4294967295

Hello,

I have sent the following message to xen-users last week and got no
reply. I am quite desperate (I have been compilling Xen and Linux
kernels, different versions with different options, all the week), maybe
someone here can help me.

I still have problems with network in DomU, as I previously described here:
  http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-users/2007-02/msg00888.html

The symptoms are:
- no packets received in domU (`ip -s link show` shows only errors)
- messages in dmesg:
netfront: rx->offset: 12, size: 4294967295
netfront: rx->offset: 12, size: 4294967295
(one line for any frame received)

I got rid of the problem for a moment when upgrading one of my test
systems to Xen 3.1.0. I have only upgraded dom0 kernel -- the problem
disappeared. When I set up full Xen 3.1.0 system (hypervisor and both
dom0 and domU kernels are Xen 3.1.0 now) I got the problem again.

In the system I also have two old virtual machines, with some old domU
kernel. I am not sure for which xen version it was, but I guess this
should help:

  # zgrep XEN.*INTERFACE /proc/config.gz
  CONFIG_XEN_INTERFACE_VERSION=0x00030101

And in that old domU network works. When starting the same virtual
machine (configuration and images) with the new kernel I get the errors
again.

I recompiled the kernel again and again, with different options (of
course, I am not able to test all possible configurations) and still no
go. I am using vanilla 2.6.18 kernel patched with output of Xen's
'make mkpatches' and with squashfs (it touches nothing but the
filesystem).

Any idea what may be wrong? What else may I try?

Greets,
        Jacek