[Xen-devel] HVM Save/Restore "interrupts get stuck"

Using my simple guest IDE_TEST, I've come to the conclusion that after
some time (around 100-200 save/restore cycles), the timer stops ticking
(or interrupts from the timer stops getting delivered to be more
precise).

I tried using Tim's hvmdump utility, but somehow it didn't work.

I've hacked the code to re-initialize the timer (8254) when it's in a
stuck state to see if that helps it out (I'm not suggesting this will
actually solve the problem, but it should help identify whether the loss
of interrupt delivery is failing at the interrupt controller or the
timer itself).

Any other thoughts?

I'm off home now, so don't expect any replies until tomorrow morning.
Test is running right now.

--
Mats